Table of Contents Show
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2023 in the UK:
There is a chance for students to pursue their higher studies in the UK for free with the Commonwealth shared scholarships. The most talented, extraordinary, and promising students are invited to apply for the fully-funded UK scholarship who are unable to come to the UK to study otherwise. In order to bring candidates of great credentials from under-developed, lower-income, and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries, the Commonwealth master’s scholarships are designed.
The surety of promoting equity and inclusion, a reward of merit, and accessibility are some of the factors that are taken into account in the awarding of scholarships. The scholarship can be used as a stepping stone for the candidates into a world full of opportunities and successful careers.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission is responsible for managing and giving the main UK Government Scholarships. The Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office sponsors the executive and independent body.
The main goal of the CSC is to fulfill the mission and to promote the vision of the UK Government to endure the commitment of development towards the Commonwealth Nations To ensure the development and prosperity of the nations as well as safeguard the UK’s national interests, international scholarship programs are introduced to UK universities.
A scholarship for international students is a milestone for other candidates to enter into a pool of learning and cooperation. The alumni networks allow the fellows to interact with former Commonwealth fellows. The fellows get to know about the ideas of others, their research and discuss different academic issues, and try to collaborate with others on multiple projects.
The Commonwealth fellow can interact with Knowledge Hubs and Regional Networks. Regional networks are able to interact with each other. The Knowledge Hubs on the other side are for everyone and are being coordinated through Linkedin. There are six themes for the Commonwealth Scholarships. Supporting sustainable development and having an effective role in the social well-being of the participating nations are themes. The Commonwealth Commission is very interested in the well-being of the candidates, for they are the assets that will transform their nations into better versions.
The students will be helped to adjust to the new environment and to avoid cultural shock. They receive support in many areas such as social, emergency, and general help. Comprehensive information about any medical emergency is provided by the National Health System. This scholarship opportunity is about the educational success, development, and well-being of students from the Commonwealth countries.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2023 in the UK:
- United Kingdom
- Universities of the UK (Multiple Universities Options )
- Master’s Degree Program
Benefits of Commonwealth Shared Master’s Scholarships UK
- The full tuition fee will be covered by the grant given by the CSC.
- There is a housing allowance, which includes your first month’s rent, utilities, and water. There is a living stipend, as well.
- If you’re studying at one of the London Metropolitan Area universities, you can get a monthly stipend of £1,516.
- A warm clothing allowance is part of this program, so you should check with them about how to apply for funding. They will provide funding for travel to and from the study site.
- You must complete a trip to the UK to have the TB test. You can expect to pay for the TB test fees in the UK.
- This will be reimbursed. If you are a single parent or a widower or a divorced parent, the first child allowance of £529 per month will be given.
- Also, if you have a second or third child, £132 per month will be provided.
- The children must be under the age of 16, and if you are disabled, a special disability grant will be provided after a full examination and assessment.
Eligibility Criteria of Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2023:
- The candidate must be a citizen of eligible Commonwealth countries or have been given refugee status by any of the given Commonwealth countries.
- The candidates who are on the list of British Protected Persons can apply.
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of a Commonwealth country.
- The candidate must hold an honors degree with first-class grades or at least an upper second-class grade, or a lower second-class grade.
- The candidate must have a relevant postgraduate qualification usually a master’s degree.
- The candidate must be able to study in Uk from September 2023.
- The candidate must not have studied or worked for one academic year in the UK or any other high-income country.
- The candidate must not be able to study in a UK university without a Commonwealth grant.
Eligible Countries for CSC Scholarship 2023:
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
How to Apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2023
- The candidates have to apply online for the Commonwealth Scholarship on CW Shared Portal.
- Make sure to apply separately for the university and for the scholarship.
- The candidates must find the relevant and desired courses from the list given.
- Choose a university from the given list.
- Each university has its own eligibility and requirement. Make sure to fulfill all the UK university requirements and follow the university deadline.
- If any university does not require English Proficient Certificate, then ask the university to nominate you for the scholarship without an English language Test via email.
- The UK universities have to nominate candidates for the scholarship.
- You can apply to more than one university and more than one discipline, but you have to choose only one university and discipline if you get the scholarship.
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship application deadline is 13 December 2022